Here's what you do:

1. Email Nancy if you would like to be a contributor.

2. Share a Family Home Evening lesson idea. It can be about any gospel principle or topic.

3. It is not necessary, but you can also include a song, scripture, activity, and treat that go along with the lesson.

4. Add a label to your post including the "age range" your lesson applies to and the "gospel principle" you are teaching.

5. Email Nancy if you have any questions, comments, or ideas for this blog.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A Testimony to Share

Nancy's last Lesson idea reminded me of cute poem from the Friend that I adapted into miny lesson that can be used for the smallest of kids.


A Testimony to Share
Karen A. Kimball Friend, Oct. 2007 

I have a testimony 
That has begun to grow. 
Gospel truths I once believed 
Now I can say, “I know.”
(A picture of your child(ren))

When I feel inside my heart 
The Holy Spirit’s there, 
I can help bless others and 
My testimony share.
(A picture of someone bearing their testimony or one to represent happiness  i.e. children or people smiling)

I testify of Jesus Christ, 
Of Heavenly Father’s plan, 
The power of the Atonement, 
And eternal life for man.
(A picture of Jesus) 

I testify of Joseph Smith, 
And priesthood power restored, 
The fulness of the gospel 
On earth forevermore.
(A picture of Joseph Smith)

I testify of the prophet 
And Twelve Apostles too, 
Living in these latter days 
To lead us safely through.
(A Picture of President Hinckley) 

I testify of lessons learned 
Through study and through prayer, 
Truths in the Book of Mormon, 
That I’ve discovered there.
(A picture or set of scriptures)

I share my testimony, 
Then reverently I end 
Like a sacred prayer that’s said, 
In Jesus’s name, amen.
(Fold your arms)


0 comments: